Do you want FREE HOUSING next semester? Then you want in this contest.
The ultimate goal of Purdue University Residences is student success. We at UR want to see that success, so we’re holding our third annual #URSuccess contest, where residents capture themselves or others being successful in University Residences or around campus. Last year’s winner was a YouTube video of residents brushing their teeth with their Faculty Fellow, while the runner-up was a wall of Swipe Out Starvation cards in the shape of the Purdue P. Posts can be funny, or sentimental, or artistic, or even just a selfie.
Post your interpretation of University Residences success on social media with the hashtag #URSuccess and you’re in the contest.
2014 First Place Winner: Alex Hamlin (Shreve)
1. An entry can be text, image, video, vine, meme – anything on social media that includes the hashtag #URSuccess.
2. You can post as many times as you want between before the deadline of Feb. 29, 2016, by 5 p.m.
3. You must be currently enrolled at Purdue and plan to live on campus next year. Only entries posted by students who have signed a housing contract for 2016-17 by the deadline (Feb. 29) are eligible to win prizes.
4. Your legal name must be listed on your profile or included in your post. We have to know your name to give you a prize.
5. Your post settings must be set to “public” or we can’t see it. We have to see it to give you a prize.
Entries will be judged by a team of administrators, and prizes will be awarded based on creativity and originality.
First Place: FREE HOUSING for the Fall 2016 semester (meal plan not included)
Second Place: A free parking pass for the entire 2016-17 academic year
Third Place: Pizza and milkshakes at Harrison Grillé for you and 10 friends.
Res Life Staff Prize: The Resident Assistant or Staff Resident with the highest number of quality posts from his or her floor will receive a customized dinner for you and 10-12 friends at the Athletic Dining Room.
Winners will be contacted the week of March 7 through their Purdue email address and/or the social media platform from which they posted. You will have until March 11 at 5 p.m. to respond to your notification, or your prize will be forfeited. Once you respond, University Residences staff will contact you to coordinate the details of your prize. No cash value can be exchanged for your prize if you win.