@ResLifeAtPurdue has been counting down the days until the first day of class with a different reason to come to Purdue each day on Twitter, #30ReasonsToBeABoilermaker across the final month of the summer. Catch up on the whole list here and follow along until Aug. 25, the first day of the fall semester.
30. Our mascot can run your mascot over. #TheSpecial
29. No one wants to go to a school named after a Disney movie. #FightingQuasimodos
28. With frozen winters comes frozen tuition – Purdue tuition won’t increase from 2012-16! #TreatYoSelf
27. Ohio State puts its best 22 people on a football field. Purdue puts its best 22 people into space. #RocketMan
26. Because of days like this #CloudNine
25. How many IU freshmen does it take to change a light bulb? Actually none, that’s a second-year course. #LiteBrite
24. Because dressing up for Halloween every Saturday morning isn’t appreciated anywhere else. #BreakfastClub
23. Students aren’t required to live on campus, but more than a third do anyway because it’s awesome. #CampusCribs
22. Because Purdue students know how to study #BestPartOfWakingUp
21. Purdue is getting a food truck this fall, and nothing tastes better than food traveling 40 mph. #FastFood
20. Purdue had the third-highest number of international students of any university in 2012-13. #GlobalCampus
19. US News & World Report ranked Purdue in its Top 10 Up-and-Coming Universities in 2014. #OneBrickHigher
18. Boilermakers have participated in the last 15 Super Bowls, second-best streak of any school. #BreesAndFriends
17. The research firm Lumosity ranked West Lafayette as the third-smartest city in the country. #GetSmart
16. Purdue didn’t pick its mascot out of a comic book. #MichiganMan
15. Orville Redenbacher paid his way to Purdue by selling homegrown popcorn – now the world’s most famous popcorn!
14. Purdue awards $560 million in financial aid each year…more money than the GDP of several small countries.
13. There are three Nobel Prize-winning professors currently at Purdue and 13 winners all-time with ties here.
12. Purdue has teamed up with Amazon to provide cheaper textbooks and class materials.
11. Purdue’s five-story, state of the art #CoRec won a NIRSA Outstanding Sports Facility Award in 2014. #GetFit
10. Purdue has more than 400 study abroad opportunities in 60 different countries! #Globetrotters
9. Several time capsules are buried on campus, including one at the Bell Tower to be opened in 2095. #StickAround
8. Because this guy’s a Boilermaker #MoonMan
7. Purdue’s Discovery Park surpassed $1 billion in research investments this year. #BestAndBrightestMinds
6. The food is so good! Don’t take our word for it, see what students say
5. Eight new campus facilities opened in 2014, from a res hall to a cancer research center
4. Purdue has implemented enhanced public safety measures on campus
3. Campus is beautiful! That matters, you do have to look at it for four years…
2. Campus is fun! Even/especially in the snow #SlayterSledding
1. Because YOU are here. You chose Purdue, so every other school is second best! Happy first day of class!