University Residences isn’t just a place to sleep at night. It’s much more than that. It’s a place to live, a place to learn. And let’s be honest, a place to play. And if you’re lucky, a place to sleep during the day sometimes.
We at UR want to capture everything that is great about the residence hall experience – the late night cramming, the late night pizza deliveries, the early morning cramming – and show it off to your peers. So we’re having a contest to see who can best demonstrate #URSUCCESS. And the winners get prizes, so keep reading.
Success in University Residences could be a photo of 40 people piled in a lounge to watch the Super Bowl, a video tour of the coolest room on campus or a Vine video of you studying for a test and then later showing off you got an A (or a B, tests are hard). It can be funny, or sentimental, or artistic, or even just a selfie. Post it on social media with the hashtag #URSUCCESS and you’re in the contest.
1. Each entry should be one of the following and include the hashtag #URSUCCESS:
Standard text post
2. Entries must be posted by March 31, 2014, by 5 p.m.
3. You MUST be currently enrolled at Purdue and MUST plan to live on campus next year. Only entries posted by students who have signed a housing contract for 2014-15 by the deadline (March 31) are eligible to win prizes.
4. Your legal name must be listed on your profile or included in your post. We have to know your name to give you a prize.
5. Your post settings must be set to “public” – or we can’t see it! We have to see it to give you a prize.
HOW TO WIN
Entries will be judged by a team of administrators, and prizes will be awarded based on creativity and originality.
First Place: Customized dinner for you and 20 friends at the Gathering Place in Meredith Hall – you get to work with a Purdue Dining & Catering chef to select your personalized meal! Your favorite foods will be prepared by a professional chef.
Second Place: A meal for you and 10 friends in the Athletic Dining Room in Cary Quad – test the limits of the phrase “serving size” as you eat where the Boilermaker athletes eat.
Third Place: Lunch for you and 10 friends at the Sagamore Restaurant in the Purdue Memorial Union – enjoy fine dining at a favorite food spot of Purdue faculty that includes a made-to-order hot serve station.
Winners will be contacted April 4 through their Purdue email address or the social media platform from which they posted. You will have until April 8 at 5 p.m. to respond to your notification, or your prize will be forfeited. Once you respond, Housing & Food Services staff will contact you to coordinate the details of your event, which will take place during the spring semester of 2014.
No cash value can be exchanged for your prize if you win. Best of luck and may the odds be ever, well, you know.