We know you are all excited to finish your final exams and have the summer to relax, work or just lay by the pool. There are few tips we have for you to make checking out of your resident hall easier for you and for us!
- Take any food out of refrigerator/kitchenette/room and throw it away in the proper area. If you have non-perishable items that can be donated, consider donating them to the local food bank.
- Clean and clear your room. Rooms are expected to be left in the same condition you received them in. Furniture must also be in the same arrangement as when you came here. Do you have items you don’t want to bring home and don’t want to store, consider donating them to Project Move-Out to help local families in need.
- If you have rented a Loft and/or MicroFridge from Bedloft.com you need to return it to the Bedloft return station on April 26th or 27th at the corner of Stadium Ave. and Martin Jischke Drive. Lofts rented from University Residences are to be left in the room as is.
- Guys and Dollies is an approved vender for storage for you. They can be contacted by phone 765-303-9013 or by web purdue.guysanddollies.com. They will provide free boxes, tape, pickup and delivery.
- You need to sign up for a check out date/time with your RA.
- Your RA cannot check your room until the day you are ready to leave.
- Until your room is clean and in good order your RA cannot check your room.
- Each roommate needs to sign up for a check out time.
- You must turn in your room key and submit all check out paperwork to the main office when you leave or you will be charged.
- Do not expect staff to do an emergency check out if you have not signed up for a check out in advance.
- All residents with the exception of those who are required to attend commencement or are other wise approved by the main office are expected to vacate their rooms by 12 pm Sunday May 6th.
- Change address in MyPurdue so mail can be properly forwarded. Notify all mail you received at school of new address.
- Take any bicycle that you brought home with you. They will be removed during the summer.
- Return your parking permit.
- The last meals served in the residence halls will be on Saturday, May 5, 2012 Breakfast at Earhart & Ford from 7 – 9:30 am., Lunch at Earhart & Ford from 11 am – 2 pm, and Dinner at Earhart from 5 – 7:30 pm.
- The BOILER JUNCTION & BoilerCrossing will be open regular hours through Friday, May 5th, and on Saturday, May 6, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Quiet hours start at 7 p.m. on Saturday, April 28th and will end at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 5th, when the last test begins.
It is also important to remember that these are all basic guidelines. You will need to check with your specific hall to see if there are any additional things to consider before moving out.
We have enjoyed having you here this year. We hope to see you back next year! Good luck on finals!