The ultimate goal of Purdue University Residences is student success. We at UR want to see that success, so we’re holding our second annual #URSuccess contest, where residents capture themselves or others being successful in University Residences or around campus. The winners get sweet prizes, so it’s worth your time.
Last year’s winner was a YouTube video of a resident rounding up friends and going sledding at Slayter Hill. Second place was an RA’s Instagram photo of a diversity-themed bulletin board, and the third place entry was a tweeted photo of a jam session in someone’s room in Cary Quad. We saw a lot of cool hall programs and plenty of our awesome dining courts.
Posts can be funny, or sentimental, or artistic, or even just a selfie. Post your interpretation of University Residences success on social media with the hashtag #URSuccess and you’re in the contest.
2014 #URSuccess First Place – Matt Tornquist, Cary Quad
1. An entry can be text, image, video, vine, meme – anything on social media that includes the hashtag #URSuccess.
2. Entries must be posted by March 31, 2015, by 5 p.m.
3. You must be currently enrolled at Purdue and plan to live on campus next year. Only entries posted by students who have signed a housing contract for 2015-16 by the deadline (March 31) are eligible to win prizes.
4. Your legal name must be listed on your profile or included in your post. We have to know your name to give you a prize.
5. Your post settings must be set to “public” or we can’t see it. We have to see it to give you a prize.
2014 #URSuccess Second Place – Stephanie Leeth, Hillenbrand
Entries will be judged by a team of administrators, and prizes will be awarded based on creativity and originality.
First Place: Customized dinner for you and 20 friends at the Athletic Dining Room – you get to work with a Purdue Dining & Catering chef to select your personalized meal! Your favorite foods will be prepared by a professional chef.
Second Place: Customized dinner for you and 15 friends in the Windsor Hall Kitchenette, personalized to your tastes and prepared by a professional chef.
Third Place: Pizza and milkshakes at Harrison Grillé for you and 10 friends.
Winners will be contacted by April 6 through their Purdue email address or the social media platform from which they posted. You will have until April 10 at 5 p.m. to respond to your notification, or your prize will be forfeited. Once you respond, University Residences staff will contact you to coordinate the details of your event, which will take place during the spring semester of 2015. No cash value can be exchanged for your prize if you win.
2014 #URSuccess Third Place – Nichol Wuertemberger, Cary Quad